- intake time: 15 minutes
- action time: 2-6 hours
- active ingredient: Salbutamol
- 10% discount to next order
- Bonus pills for your choice
- Delivery Inshurance
- Best online service
Comprehensive overview summarizing positive effects of Ventolin treatment of bronchospasm and resolve reversible obstructive airway disease and completes a comparative analysis of advantages versus disadvantages, which have direct relation to wellbeing of all patients.
Ventolin (available under generic name of Albuterol Inhalation) belongs to a bronchodilator group of medications, which aim to provide relaxation inside airways’ muscles and also to improve flow of air inside the lungs. Ventolin is administered for treatment or prevention of bronchospasm among patients who have reversible obstructive airway sickness. Ventolin is also administered to prevent bronchospasms caused by exercising.
Hereby, it is crucial to always have Ventolin within reach and ensure that the prescription is replenished before the medication is completely finished. Patients are permitted to proceed with administering other medications in accordance with prescription provided by healthcare specialist.
Patients are advised to refrain from taking Ventolin in case of allergic reactions associated with Albuterol.
To be certain that Ventolin is safe for administration, all patients are advised to consult with health care specialist in case if any of the following conditions are observed:
- Heart arrhythmia disorder;
- Heart-related sickness, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure;
- A seizure disorder (e.g. epilepsy);
- Overactive Thyroid.
Ventolin is categorized by FDA under pregnancy category C. Nevertheless, it is not confirmed whether Ventolin has any potential harm to an unborn child. Hereby, it is particularly important to consult with healthcare practitioner if patient is already pregnant or planning to get pregnant within the treatment cycle of Ventolin.
There is no clear evidence confirming that Albuterol is able to transfer into breast milk or cause any harm to a nursing infant. Hence, patients are advised to abstain from breastfeeding during Albuterol treatment period. Ventolin HFA inhaler is advised to remain away from direct reach of children of 4 years old and younger.
Application and dosage of Ventolin has direct relation to the sickness type, patient age and the severity of disease. The complete application list and dosages are to be obtained from the pharmacist.
Standard adult dosage for severe Asthma cases:
Intravenous infusion solution:
- 5 mL of medicine is to be diluted (1000 mcg/mL) inside 500 mL of Sodium Chloride and Dextrose, or Sodium Chloride Injection.
- Infusion rates begin with 5 mcg/min and further increase until 10 mcg/min and 20 mcg/min, which are to be taken with intervals of 15 – 30-minutes, if necessary.
Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- 2.5 mg of medicine is to be administered 3 – 4 times per day by nebulization, with corresponding average 5 – 15 mins intervals.
This treatment method is applied for the following cases: curing status asthmaticus; providing relief from severe bronchospasm, related to severe exacerbations resulted from Bronchial Asthma, severe Bronchospasm attack, Chronic Bronchitis etc.
Standard paediatric dose to treat severe Asthma:
Inhalation powder and capsules:
- Younger than 4 years old: Contraindicated
- 4 years or old:
– Inhalation powder: 1 – 2 inhalations (90 or 180 mcg) for oral administration with 4 – 6 hours intervals;
– Inhalation capsules: 1 inhalation (200 mcg) for oral administration with 4 – 6 hours intervals. The total daily dosage cannot exceed 4 inhalations (800 mcg).
Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- Younger than 2 years old: Contraindicated
- 2 – 12 years old:
– Body weight of 15 kg and less: 0.1 – 0.15 mg/kg/dose by nebulization. The appropriate volume of the 0.5% inhalation solution requires dilution in a sterile normal saline solution with a total volume of 3 mL prior to administration. Dosage cannot exceed 2.5 mg, which should be administered 3 – 4 times a day;
– Body weight of 15 kg and more: 2.5 mg to be administered 3 – 4 times a day by nebulization, within 5 – 15 minutes. The 0.5% inhalation solution required dilution inside 2.5 mL of sterile normal saline solution;
- 13 years old and above:
– Inhalation solution 0.5% (5 mg/mL): 2.5 mg (0.5 mL requires dilution inside 2.5 mL of sterile saline solution) to be administered 3 – 4 times a day by nebulization, within 5 – 15 minutes.
Current treatment method is applied for: bronchospasm relief for patients having reversible obstructive airway disease and severe bronchospasm attacks.
- Verify the IV infusion for clarity, particulate matter, precipitate, discoloration, and leakage prior to administration;
- Abstain from injecting the undiluted IV infusion. Never take Ventolin in the same infusion with other medications;
- If the infusion solution is not administered during 24 hours after preparation, it cannot be administered and is to be discarded.
Seek for instant emergency medical support if any of the following allergic reactions are observed during Ventolin treatment:
- Breathing complications;
- Swollen face, throat, tongue, lips etc.
Get in touch with your healthcare specialist without delay if any of the following severe side effect are observed:
- Pain around the chest, accompanied by pounding, quick or irregular heartbeats;
- Bronchospasms (i.e. tightness around chest, breathing difficulties, wheezing), particularly right after administration of a new Ventolin canister;
- Low levels of potassium (i.e. abnormal heart rate, frequent urination, overall confusion, irregular thirst, weakness of muscles, discomfort sensations in legs);
- Tremor or nervousness;
- Abnormally high blood pressure (i.e. blurry vision, acute headache, frequent anxiety, buzzing sounds in ears, pain around chest area, overall confusion, shortness of breath, reoccurring seizures, abnormal heartbeats).
The following list of less severe side effects resulted from Ventolin contains:
- Sleep issues (i.e. insomnia);
- Reoccurring dizziness and headache;
- Frequent vomiting, minor nausea;
- Hoarseness, stuffy or runny nose, cough, sore throat;
- Pain in muscles;
- Dryness in mouth and throat;
Various independent researches and studies have confirmed that Ventolin is an effective bronchodilator, and can exert relaxation of muscles inside airways, while enhancing air flow inside lungs and preventing bronchospasm for patients suffering from sicknesses related to reversible obstructive airways. The entire treatment period should be monitored by a certified specialist to ensure maximum positive effects and minimum complications.
Present webpage contains information related to medications and their respective pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic features, rules for safe application, instructions for administration, advised dosage, health conditions they cure, schedules of generic posology and other crucial information. The whole provided information is in complete correspondence to main guidelines, which can be accessed via diversified sources, like leaflet by manufacturer with medical products, and are available completely for informative purposes. Patients are advised to accept the provided materials with main idea in mind that they are not provided in a form of direct instructions that are to be abided without any prior approval from healthcare specialist. Expert consultation by a qualified specialist still remains a pre-requisite and is to be always followed. The names of brands, products and companies are under copyright of their respective direct owners.